Monday, October 03, 2005

Very 'safe' country yet, this dentist has to plead so that she did not die in a robbery?

I am sadden to note this plea by a Dentist: I did not want to die, when she was robbed during the daylight in Malaysia.

Malaysia is a 'Safe' country, my foot!

Perompak Duit Rakyat Malaysia, PDRM, the 'so-called' protector of the Malaysian citizen is too busy protecting the tryranic rulers intead of safe-guarding the nation!

The recent recommendation to change the PDRM into the better has not been put in place and with the curent administration of the country, I couldn't foresee any change for the better soon. It's high time to say 'goodbye' to the BN-led governance!

************************************************

The Star Online > Nation



Dentist: I did not want to die

JOHOR BARU: “It is traumatising when a person puts a knife to your neck demanding money. All I could say was ambil, ambil, ambil (take) because I didn’t want to die.”

This was what dentist Dr Chan Eng Ding said as she recounted the ordeal when three men armed with machetes approached the driver’s side window of her car before breaking it.

Dr Chan explained that she and her sister, also a dentist, had just changed RM700 into small denominations at a bank in Permas Jaya for their clinic before going to a stationery store at 4pm.

She was waiting in her car when the men approached her, she added.

“They smashed the window and one of them pressed his knife against my neck.

PAINFUL EXPERIENCE: Low (right) and Dr Chan (third from right) holding up the police report lodged by her. On the far left is Dr Chan’s sister Dr Ai Ding.
“I told them to take my pouch, which they did, and also the pearl necklace I was wearing.

“My sister, who heard the commotion from inside the shop, came running out and started hitting the robbers. They got back into their cars and took off,” the 39-year-old dentist told reporters during a press conference arranged by Johor MCA complaints bureau chief Low Teh Hian yesterday.

Dr Chan said she was still traumatised by the incident that took place on Sept 27.

“I’m not upset about (losing) the money or how much it’ll cost to repair my car. That they were bold enough to do this in broad daylight was what shocked me. These are things you see in movies.

“JB is no longer a safe place. I can’t believe robbers are getting so bold,” she added, urging the police to increase their workforce to make the city a safer place.

Low said he empathised with Dr Chan because he received a death threat recently.

A police spokesman from Johor Baru (South) district police headquarters said the station received about four to five such reports daily.

“This kind of crime happens more in areas close to banks. Robbers are braver now so the public must be more observant and not take things for granted.

“If you are robbed, report it immediately. Don’t wait for an hour or two,” he added.



© 1995-2005 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home